[WikiEN-l] Anons banned from creating articles

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:37:18 UTC 2005

Just off the top of my head, I can think of three good things that
would make it fail.

1. Many people (anons and regular users alike) protests
2. It is ineffective, that is, New Page patrollers see just as much
crap article-creations as before (and what would be the point of
restricting anons then).
3. Article growth severly stunted

(also, minor point, but if there can be, as you say, no way to tell
that it has failed, wouldn't that mean it's a roaring success?)

Look, lets just try this out for awhile. A thing like this could be
enormously effecting at reducing bad new articles/good new articles
ratio, or it might make no difference what so ever. The only way to
find out is to actually do it.

Oskar Sigvardsson