[WikiEN-l] Anons banned from creating articles

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:09:31 UTC 2005

Look, you say that it can't be seen as an experiment because there
arn't any start and end dates, and so forth, but does not mean it
isn't an experience. You are right, it very well MAY be a permanent
policy change if it works out fine... if it doesn't (many people
complain, it doesn't really reduce bad entries, wikipedia growth is
severely stuntet, etc) we will just change it back. We could sit
around and discuss if this is a good idea forever, but the only way we
will ever know for sure is to actually try it out.

Look, this in no way (except in the very most theoretical
wiki-fundamental way) limits the openness of wikipedia, and it very
well might increase the overall quality, so why not try it for awhile?

Remember, we are here to write an encyclopedia first and foremost. We
are a grand social experment ofcourse, but not primarily (or however
that qoute went).