[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Dec 6 14:21:08 UTC 2005

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> I certainly had no idea who this Seigenthaler dude was and
> wouldn't have been able to spot the errors in the article. Now I know
> - he's a litigous asshole looking for revenge.

This is absolutely false and you should be ashamed of yourself for
saying it.

John Seigenthaler, Sr. is a hero.  He founded an organization devoted to
the defense of the First Amendment.  In all my interactions with him, he
has been kind and thoughtful.

He is very much *not* litigious.  (He never threatened to sue Wikipedia,
and he specifically chose not to pursue legal action to force the ISP to
cough up the name of the person who libelled him.)

--Jimbo