[WikiEN-l] Two Comments on the Siegenthaler Situation

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Dec 6 14:13:27 UTC 2005

Snowspinner wrote:
> 2: I understand the need to remove the Siegenthaler libel from the  page
> history. On the other hand, I think A) It is a matter of  important
> historical record at this point, and B) It sets an unseemly  precedent.
> Can we move the deleted history out of that article and  into an archive
> page, perhaps with a permanant front page that notes  what it is, and
> that it is a collection of vandalism?

It is still stored in the database, just not publicly available.  This
strikes me as sufficient to deal with concerns about the historical record.

If someone wants to make a publicly available cache somewhere, I would
advise extreme caution about it, but I don't think it is appropriate for us.

-Jimbo