[WikiEN-l] David Hager is listed as convicted rapist

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 6 01:29:35 UTC 2005

Concur. Despite the evidence, Wikipedians are not private dicks.

I note that the media in general seems to have little trouble in using
whatever form of words best suits the case, and it should be no hardship for
us to follow suit. Perhaps we could call someone a "confessed criminal" if
they claim they did something but there was no official finding of guilt? If
the confession is a matter of public record, but we have some doubt that
they actually shot John Kennedy, then this phrasing should keep us out of
trouble.

Peter (Skyring)