[WikiEN-l] Two Comments on the Siegenthaler Situation

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Dec 6 02:18:16 UTC 2005

I watched the CNN interview that Siegenthaler and Jimbo appeared on.
There was considerable emphasis on bad material still being in
history despite it being removed from the article itself. I don't
think it is unreasonable to remove clearly false material from
history when specifically asked.

In this particular case after Jimbo assuring Siegenthaler that the
history would be cleansed, it would not do to not do so. Sometimes
you must simply accept the consequences of whatever your spokesman said.

In the general case, most articles have something plainly wrong in
them, but that is simply the nature of a wiki.

Fred