[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

sydney poore poore5 at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 5 16:52:53 UTC 2005

Hello,

Excellent experiment. This gets to the root of Wikipedia's problem; lack
of source, unverifiable material. Fixing this upstream is much easier
than downstream. Before starting an article, the verifiable sources
should be in hand. By encouraging them to register, it possible for
current editors to reach out to new editors and teach them this
important Wikipedia value.

Also, there is a difference between starting an article vs. fixing typos
or inserting a simple fact into a pre-existing article. This experiment
recognizes it.

Regards,
Sydney Poore