[WikiEN-l] David Hager is listed as convicted rapist

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:35:49 UTC 2005

On 05/12/05, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

> But the NPOV issues are more serious.  I don't see how a category such
> as "criminals" can possibly be NPOV.  "Convicted criminals" maybe.
> "Indicted criminals" might be possible.  "Alleged criminals" would
> probably be way too broad (might as well redirect it to "List of
> people").

There was some discussion on this list about [[Category:Soviet spies]], a
month or so ago; might be worth having a glance at that in this context. A
proposed change there was shot down mainly for reasons unique to the
situation there, and IMO somewhat tangential ones at best.

The thing is, in many cases we implicitly state "convicted" but don't
include it; many of our existing categories of criminals are already
stipulated to contain those either convicted or where the commission of the
crime is essentially uncontested.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk