[WikiEN-l] [Fwd: Deletion of our John Coleman Burroughs entry]

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Dec 2 13:43:38 UTC 2005

Hi!  I am forwarding your letter to the appropriate place for it to be
dealt with but wanted to add a personal note of thanks and a short
explanation of my own.

We were not accusing you or your organization of copyright infringement,
 but rather what we perceived to be an anonymous user infringing on your
copyrights.  Since the text came directly from your website, we thought
someone had simply taken it from you without your permission.  We act
swiftly in such cases to protect your rights.

Someone will contact you through the official address of the website to
confirm and then we'll be able to use your contribution.  Please do
understand, of course, that it will be edited considerably over time. :)

--Jimbo