[WikiEN-l] An actual RC patrol? (was Openness is a means to an end. Nothing more)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:10:57 UTC 2005

geni wrote:
>On 12/1/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> (better RC patrol features, trust networks to filter RC and watchlists,
>> article validation, etc).

>RC patrol is reaching it's pratical limit. I'm seeing more vandalism
>on my watchlist and no matter how good the people doing it there is
>simply no way for them to know if a large percentage of it is true or
>not

Would it be an idea to make RC patrol organised, i.e. people (admins
or not) sign on for shifts, checking all edits in a given block of
time? Two patrollers for each time period should be enough, three or
four for evenings US time. You do RC patrol - would something like
this make sense?

(I don't know how long the time periods would be - an hour? 30
minutes? 10 minutes?)

- d.