[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Aug 30 21:36:53 UTC 2005

Guettarda wrote:

>The difference here is not the content of the list, it's the medium in which
>it was posted. That Jay is Jewish is not some secret, he wasn't "outed" in
>the Stormfront post. But posting a list of Jewish Wikipedians on a neo-Nazi
>list by someone who was called Jews a "disease" which needs to be
>"eradicated" is comparable to posting the names of doctors performing
>abortion to lists calling for their assassination. In one case you are
>talking about informative lists, in the other you are talking about a hit
>list. I am baffled that anyone who has followed this discussion, either here
>or on Wikipedia, is still making these sorts of comparisons. If nothing
>else, please go back and read what Jimbo posted.

It is not entirely analogous, but the situation with Scientologists is
not exactly innocuous either---some of the people posting lists "outing"
Church of Scientology members are people who are outright hostile
towards the CoS, calling it a "dangerous cult" and advocating the arrest
of its advocates.

-Mark