[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Tue Aug 23 23:19:05 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:

>On 8/23/05, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
>
>>slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>Look at the response to Amalekite's post here
>>>http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=22047&highlight=wikipedia
>>>

>>One thing that puzzles me is that these quotes are not firsthand from
>>Amalekite ... So it sounds like we're talking about pre-banning not on the
>>strength of a person's own statements, but on what other people are
>>saying about him?
>>

>But Amalekite runs the board. He runs [[Vanguard News Network]], and
>yet he's not banning the people who want the "white man" to use
>physical force against "semitic jew mongrels." He himself ended up
>having to be moderated by Stormfront because of his anti-Semitic
>language. It comes to something when even Stormfront starts deleting
>your posts.

I confess to being confused by who was doing what to who on these
various boards - the evidence suggests that the same person who
had to be moderated on Stormfront was also the one counseling
people to be careful on NPOV when editing on WP, which is kind of an
odd mix of temperance and intemperance. I wonder a) if all these
people are who they appear to be, and b) how much content is real,
and how much is forged. One of the bonuses of owning a website is
that you can change its content however you like (witness recent
whitewashing on Rush Limbaugh's website, heh heh).

Again, the only content and history we can really trust is
what is under wikimedia.org.

Stan