[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 07:13:24 UTC 2005

--- Rob <gamaliel8 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's either block him now or block him later.  He's
> not interested in NPOV or building an encyclopedia or
> anything else we value.  He's a Nazi and all he wants
> to do is fight the Jews. Perhaps his edits look fine
> now, but there's always the chance he is engaging in
> or will engage in a less obvious form of racist
> vandalism by subtly skewing articles.  Whatever it is,
> it will happen and it will escalate.  On SF they are
> quite openly talking about ways to infiltrate
> Wikipedia so they can skew the content the way they
> want it skewed.  That should be enough to ban them on
> sight here.

We should ban people based on what they do on Wikipedia, not for what they do
elsewhere, and *certainly* not for what they think.

I've decided to unblock this user as I see nothing in his edit history that
merits an immediate ban.

I'm quite shocked that people would take this approach.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com