[WikiEN-l] Abusive Blocking

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:17:35 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, noahp4485 at aol.com <noahp4485 at aol.com> wrote:
> I honestly believe many admins are abusing their blocking privileges
> and that the arbitration committee is not working. Here is what has
> happened to me. I have written and edited NUMEROUS articles, you can
> see a list on user:Please Don't Block. Most of these were edited under
> the name "Noah Peters."

I wrote to Noah about this issue a couple of weeks ago because I
stumbled on it and it seemed odd. He replied to me this evening and
asked me to delete the user and talk pages for all these accounts,
which I have now done (with the exception of the talk page of Noah
Peters, which can't be deleted because of some technical problem, so
I've blanked and protected it instead).

I've advised Noah to start from scratch with a new user account so his
IP is not visible, and then he'll be able to rebuild his profile. So
long as he sticks to Wikipedia policies, he shouldn't have any
problems.

Sarah