[WikiEN-l] Suggestions for a work-safe encyclopedia

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Apr 15 11:45:04 UTC 2005

Zach Alexander said:
> But there's no other long term
> solution I can think of, because we do need to have boobs and
> clitorises in the appropriate places, but people do need to have a way
> not to see them if they'd rather not. (Making the user disable images
> doesn't count as a solution.)

We don't make the user do anything, but if he wants a censored Wikipedia
he already has the capability to produce his own; we're hearing from
people who for whatever reason are unwilling to do so and think that it is
Wikipedia that should change to accommodate their intransigence.  Thus a
personal problem has been incorrectly reframed as a problem for Wikipedia.