[WikiEN-l] Re: Suggestions for a work-safe encyclopedia

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:44:32 UTC 2005

Sj said:
> Perhaps we can identify some reasonable notion of "work-safeness"

Let me be clear that this is not limited to images, or to nudity
(hemi-semi or otherwise).

An all-text page about the last decade of FCUK ads from the French
Connection, which included a 600px version of their text FCUK logo,
would also not be work-safe.

As we start to improve the inclusion of sound and video, both linked
and streaming,  we will have to find ways to warn people of all manner
of media that are not work-safe; pages which will automatically play
loud sounds (the sound of a car crash as you open [[auto accident]],
perhaps?) would fall into the same category.

--
+sj+