[WikiEN-l] April Fool's Day next year

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 17:11:26 UTC 2005

--- Tony Sidaway <minorityreport at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but you don't seem to be addressing my question.  The kind of
> stuff we're talking about here isn't a prank, it's articles like
> [[Exploding whale]] and [[Holy prepuce]], specifically--the kind of
> article that tends to know the reader out of his passive rut.  Surely it's
> good to have this kind of article all the time, not save them up to take
> the place of real April fools pranks.

Only one April Fools article is needed per year. The others can and should be
eventually on the Main Page - regardless of their FTA date. This time we used
them *all* as TFAs before April 1. As we go forward some articles will seem to
be candidates for next year's April 1 TFA. Most of those will be supplanted by
newer FAs that are even better April 1 candidates. Once that happens the lesser
candidates could be a TFA on any other day. But a ‘best of’ short list should
be maintained.

-- mav