[WikiEN-l] A plea - live and let live

Carson, David DCarson at nine.com.au
Thu Sep 30 23:34:33 UTC 2004

Ed Poor wrote:
> If there are a dozen or 6 dozen separate, tiny articles with a common
> theme, then why not:
>
> * Copy the text of each article into one new comprehensive article
(like
> [[List of Apprentice contestants]]
> * Turn the text of each old article into:  #REDIRECT [[List of
> Apprentice contestants]]
>
> This is how Maveric asked me to handle the Simpsons, way back when...

That's what I voted for, and indeed, that was the overwhelming consensus
of the VFD vote, and is what has been done.

And indeed, that could have been boldly done by someone without needing
a VFD vote. But I would say that (a) there would have been a guaranteed
edit war following it; and (b) there WAS a definite minority opinion
that these people didn't deserve to be in the Wikipedia AT ALL, being
merely "game show contestants".

Me, I see the whole affair as further proof that VFD is not at all
broken, and continues to excellently serve the community.

Cheers!
David...