[WikiEN-l] A plea - live and let live

Mark Richards marich712000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 19:01:28 UTC 2004

Deletion seems to have stepped up a gear recently,
with over 70 new listings just today. Is it just me,
or is this spiralling out of control? Most of these
are verifiable things that folks don't think are
'notable'.

It seems to me that if there are even a few people who
might find an article on something esoteric useful,
then we should keep it, provided that we can write a
neutral, factual, verifiable article on it.

Whether it is 'notable' will be entirely a matter of
opinion. What is notable to a computer programmer may
not be for a botanist, and for a local historian a
hill or burial mound could be fascinating.

While I recognise that we don't want articles on
someone's coffee cup, and don't want lots of replies
saying 'well, I'll write an article on the cheese
under my toenails', these are real world things.
Please think twice before deleting something just
because 'only a few people will ever be interested'.

Mark