[WikiEN-l] [customer.support-cp5JiV/QSYtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org: Illegal Use of SeaWiFS /OrbView-2 imagery]

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 01:41:16 UTC 2004

In message <20040915220611.GD4965 at wikia.com>, "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales"
<jwales-ADBWotsCEHwAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes
>Dear Mr. Wales:
>
>It has come to our attention that our SeaWiFS (OrbView-2) imagery is
>being used on your website located at:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Black-sea-nasa.jpg
><http://www.greeklandscapes.com/maps/satellite.html>   and that you
>claim that "This image has been released into the public domain by the
>copy right holder, its copyright has expired, or it is ineligible for
>copyright.  This applies worldwide."

Oh dear... we had a copy of that over on cy: as well, until about 10
minutes ago. I suppose this little incident does highlight the need for
some central place where problem images can be brought to the attention
of admins on all language wikis. Goodness knows how we'd necessarily
recognise the images if the names have been localised, though....

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/