[WikiEN-l] WP in UK press

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Sep 12 19:24:01 UTC 2004

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

>Why do you think that he will never write about wikipedia again?
>Because i wrote him and to correct a mistake i made?
>
>I think you overestemate his fragility as a journalist.
>
>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:02:12 +0100, Matthew Larsen <mat.larsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>and he will probably never write about it again! nice one!
>>
>><avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I contacted him about this misstatement and hopefully he'll correct it.

Pointing out his error does not detract from the thrust of his message.
Although we are conscious of the important difference between PD and
GFDL, it is still secondary to the point that he was trying to make.  I
would speculate that he will view the pointing out of this error as a
natural part of the "self healing" process that he praised.

Ec