[WikiEN-l] Fwd: email from Irismeister

Nicholas Knight nknight at runawaynet.com
Tue Nov 30 23:52:26 UTC 2004

James D. Forrester wrote:
> despite some odd decisions by some US courts, I somewhat doubt that the US
> Government's FTC branch's jurisdiction extends quite so far without some
> level of serious sanity checking.

Indeed, no, the FTC deals in market regulation. Any supposed wrongdoing
by a non-profit that engages in no trade or commerce to speak of would
be of interest primarily to the IRS and DOJ or state-level agencies.

Like myself, the FTC would probably be wondering what bizarre idea
Irismeister has of what the "T" in "FTC" stands for.