[WikiEN-l] help me

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed May 19 11:05:04 UTC 2004

Eric B. Rakim wrote
> I don't know if this is the proper place to turn for
> help. If it isn't, then please tell me because the matter is
> urgent. Wikipedia is a fine resource and contains very much
> useful information. Reading Wikipedia is fun, and every day
> since I discovered it I've learnt a thing or two by reading
> it. But its coverage about programming and computer software
> is a little thin I think.

It is not complete (and never will be).  It could also do with better
organisation.

However ...

Having found [[User:Eric B. and Rakim]], and read the way the VfD debate
went, I have less sympathy than at first.

>Well, I can't exclude UtherSRG's very friendly
> message on my talk page. Is this some kind of hazing or are
> regular users treated like this too? Seems like a calculated
> move - tease the new guy til they fight back and then accuse
> them.

No, this is normal; no special treatment.

> I need help. Because I don't know what I should do. Either
> it is so that my work and expertise isn't appreciated or
> even accepted by Wikipedia. If so, I will leave peacefully
> and not return. If not so, I would expect an apology from
> the perpetrators and that my work is not destroyed.

If you are an expert, and can also work within the Wikipedia constraints,
that's great.

Charles