[WikiEN-l] Re: a couple of requests

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 9 00:24:54 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> Erik Moeller wrote:
>
>> No. I have removed him again. RfA is *not* a voting page, it operates
>> by  consensus, and when it is clear that no consensus will develop,
>> then it is  pointless to go through the procedure. It's the same on
>> VfD. Cunctator has  been much chastised for removing items on VfD,
>> but I agree with him on  that point.
>
> Do you realise what you are saying here? You are saying that if no
> consensus can be reached on whether or not to delete a page, then you
> decide that it won't be deleted. What sort of consensus is that?

A reasonable one. ;-)

> If they don't want sysop status, then they should remove their own
> nomination.

That should continue as their right, and would include the right to
remove any discussion of the nomination.

It might be useful to have an associated list on the RfA page of
Wikipedians who have declined to be Wikipedia sysops.  This may keep
some names from being repeatedly nominated by people who know nothing
about a previous refusal.

Ec