[WikiEN-l] Controversial new religious movements, failure of the Wikipedia system?

Andries Krugers Dagneaux andrieskd at chello.nl
Sat Jun 26 12:59:42 UTC 2004

I have been working on various controversial new religious movements
including [[Sathya Sai Baba]] of which I am an ex-member, and
[[Maharaji]]. Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to maintain
objective, balanced articles about these gurus and their corresponding
new religious movements.

People who are followers try to insert positive material and ex-members
go to the other extreme of abusing their former gurus. It is an almost
full time job for me which cannot continue because I will have others
things to do.

It seems that the Wikipedia system does not work well for these kinds of
cases. I would appreciate help in maintaining the articles. Does
somebody have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance, Andries Krugers Dagneaux [[user:Andries]]