[WikiEN-l] RK's groundless complaint

Charles Podles travelingmirv at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 18:55:24 UTC 2004

--- Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Charle Podle is making things up.

Charle*s* Podle*s*. Please. And now that you've outed
me by using my real name, you must be banned
immediately!!!eleven!!! :)

> I did *not* make my name public. EntmootsOfTrolls
did <snip>

So what about these messages, sent to a public mailing
list by "Robert K*****" and signed as "RK"?

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/008259.html
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/008294.html
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/008319.html
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/008329.html

I suppose EntmootsOfTrolls hijacked your account and
sent those e-mails. He's a tricksy one, he is.

<snip>
Robert wrote:
> Charles wrote
> falsehoods about
> me, and ignores the point. I wonder how he would
> react if
> someone was bothering one of his friends or loved
> ones? Oh
> wait, that's different. As long as it is someone
> else who
> is outed and who feels threatened, that's Ok?

I still don't see how using a name you revealed in a
public forum is in any way a "threat" or "outing".
Perhaps you can explain?

> No. Its morally wrong when it happens to anyone. It
> is also
> a violation of every norm of Wikipedia etiquette,
> which
> this list seems to have suddenly forgotten about. It
> is
> also probably illegal.

Using names which people themselves revealed is a
violation of every norm of Wikipedia etiquette?

So I suppose I should stop addressing every Wikipedian
who uses their real name by that selfsame real name,
lest I be banned, eh.

As to the legality of using a name someone revealed of
his own free will---I'm not a lawyer, so I won't
comment on that.

--Charles Podles ([[en:user:Mirv]])