[WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of blocking policy by user "40277"

phil hunt zen19725 at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 21:34:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:45:54 -0700 (PDT), James Marshall <jsm at jmarshall.com> wrote:
>My IP address is 24.4.202.208 .
>
>Today I added a phrase to an article which clarified an important point.
>Two or three people who don't want the phrase there have been deleting it
>all day, without giving a reason, and marking their deletion as "minor"
>(it's against policy to mark a deletion as minor).

I wasn't aware there was a policy on what counts as minor -- can you
point me to this policy?

>You can trace some of the dispute here:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Ronald_Reagan&action=history

I've had a look at one of your edits --
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Ronald_Reagan&diff=4234337&oldid=4234278

and this one is IMO an NPOV violation and contains a misspelling.

I actually agree with your POV that Reagan didn't cause the end of
the USSR, however I think the way you worded it was bad, and, as
written, unacceptable to Wikipedia.

(Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk)