[WikiEN-l] thought for the day

Finlay McWalter finlay_wikipedia_94ac at mcwalter.net
Wed Jun 23 00:41:44 UTC 2004

Thought for the day
-------------------

For the former half of next month, I'm eschewing the leaden skies of my
dank scots homeland for the sunny climes of the SF Bay Area and
(briefly) NYC.

Ever the dilligent photowikipedian, I sat tonight and looked for
articles in the en: wiki in those geographical areas that need a basic
photo but don't have one.  I wrote out a list.

Uh-oh.

I'd like to posit "McWalter's 14th law":

   All wikipedia photo-todo-lists read _exactly_ like terrorist
   (oops, sorry, militant) hitlists.

Bridges, airports, subways systems, landmarks, public buildings.  I
can't cross an international border with this list - I'll end up at GTMO
  for sure.

So if I end up on Missing Wikipedians, you'll know why.
Later,
FIn