[WikiEN-l] Re: Wik's Vandal Bot

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Jun 17 23:31:22 UTC 2004

Fred Bauder wrote:

>Wik still has lots of clout. The arbitration committee even now is not
>willing to ban him indefinitely. Still in wet noodle mode...

Not sure if I'm one of the people you were referring to but, I
personally am fine with *indefinite* bans in cases like this, but that's
not entirely the same as *permanent* bans.  If this is indeed Wik, it
certainly seems reasonable to say he's banned until further notice, and
in fact that's probably already the case whether or not the arbitration
committee says anything.  The only way I could conceivably see him being
unbanned is if he basically apologizes and agrees to become a productive
Wikipedian again, in which case I'd be willing to see what happens.  The
chances of that seem minimal enough though that perhaps it's equivalent
to a permanent ban.

-Mark