[WikiEN-l] ...

Cerise Rose ceriserose69 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 15:59:16 UTC 2004

Interesting that after telling you to leave me ALONE after this I now receive a few more replies.

IF the site was set up to leave a message for an ADMINISTRATOR or ADMINISTRATOR QUEUE without having to log in, I would not have HAD to go this route.  First off, every email I send to wikien-l at Wikipedia.org gets a reply that says it would have to be reviewed by the administrators BEFORE it was released to the board.  I realized it wasn't the 'right' place to send the message but there was no other obvious place on the pages I could access.  Silly me thought one would actually BE looking at it and deal with what could be a potential problem on YOUR board. If I was posting to the wrong place,  or if there was a better place to contact the admins, maybe it should be a bit more obvious.  With the ban message I received I couldn't get into all areas of the site, right?  You'd think that people who are banned erroneously or not, might need a way to contact the administration if they think it's in error.

I don't know who you, or anyone else is, when they email me back, right?  I'M NOT and DO NOT WISH to be a member.  When someone asks me for an IP and sounds like they're going to investigate when I provide them the info, am I so far off to think they MIGHT be an ADMINISTRATOR?  Even Theresa's response today asks me to give information on the error messages I received (which, again weeks later, I don't remember them).

Timwi, I'm am not getting into the semantics of my post.  Telling someone to calm down *IS* rude.  I didn't say Theresa was hyper or upset, did I?  So your point about her reply not being so either is completely irrelevant.

If I don't understand things about the board maybe it's because I'm NOT A MEMBER.  I can't stress this enough.  I'm someone who found some interesting things on a website and for no apparent reason hit a wall and thought a simple email to the admins voicing my displeasure at the screwed up site might get me somewhere. In hindsight, I wish I'd just hit another google site and been done with this crap.

I was reading.  I clicked on a link to go to another page of what I was reading. From that moment on I could not access a single thing on the site, except for a page that has a link to a message board that apparently spits my concern to all and sundry without prejudice.  End
of story.  Something somewhere FUCKED UP. Usually administrators and site webmasters LIKE to know when things go wrong. Usually they listen to feedback.  Apparently this site is NOT set up that way.

As for swearing at casual participants, for that I apologize Theresa.  Without identifying yourself as not being admin, I did think you were representing the site. I am normally not so reactive, but the sheer and utter stupidity of the way this site runs (or doesn't run) has frustrated me beyond belief.

I will not reply to any more messages.  I'm completely done with this.  Thank you for taking your time and attempting to assist me, again, Theresa I'm sorry for not understanding your position and taking out what should be for the administration on you.