[WikiEN-l] Protesting my ban

Fennec Foxen fennec at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 04:03:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:58:56 -0700 (PDT), Svyatoslav Igorevich
<svyatoslav_igorevich at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am writing to protest my being banned by Guanaco,
> and to request that I be unbanned immediately.
02:23, 10 Jun 2004, Guanaco blocked Svigor (expires 02:23, 11 Jun
2004) (contribs) (linkspam, violating 3 revert limit after warning,
making threats to call in a puppet army from a message board to push
his POV further)
03:53, 10 Jun 2004, Guanaco blocked #5653 (expires 03:53, 11 Jun 2004)
(Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
"'''Svigor'''". The reason given for Svigor's block is as follows:
"'''linkspam, violating 3 revert limit after warning, making threats
to call in a puppet army from a message board to push his)

-- from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Ipblocklist

Would it *really* trouble you to wait for the block to expire on its
own? Blocks default to 24 hours for a reason- it's rather short,
considering. What is the particular urgency in ths situation?