Summary style (was Re: [WikiEN-l] Response to Bryan Derken)

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 01:37:41 UTC 2004

bryan.derksen at shaw.ca wrote:

"I was trying to figure out the best way to go about changing the
organization of the article by seeking input from people who knew more about
the subject it was on than I did."

You have shown no evidence that you are willing to do this. I am still
waiting for you to respond to a number of postings detailing the problems
posed by your proposals (both on the talk pages and on the mailing list).
Since you have failed to respond so far, I'm still concerned about these
very same things.

bryan.derksen at shaw.ca wrote:

"All I see is someone being irrationally aggressive and possessive of an
article I wanted to do some work on."

This is wrong. You made proposals advocating sweeping changes to an article.
Then, I responded explaining why I was skeptical, which was the proper route
for me to take. You never responded to my points. Instead, you assumed right
off the bat that I'm not "very good at collaborating" because I had concerns
about your approach to reorganizing an article that you yourself admit to
never having read. This is where the break in the rational-give-and-take
first appeared.

-172