[WikiEN-l] Ed Poor's abuse of admin powers

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:02:13 UTC 2004

bullied off [I no longer contribute to articles] by people who have yet to
respond to the content of his arguments beyond some rhetorical ranting about
things which are barely relevant to the content at hand. It was done with
personal attacks, using terms such as Stalinist, revisionist, totalitarian,
etc. It was also done (sorry, Ed, but I have to point this out) by having
the title "Can we ban 172 now" appear countless times as an email header."

Right after I announced that I'd be leaving Wikipedia, Ed Poor unprotected
[[Augusto Pinochet]] writing, "after recent discussions on the mailing list
[i.e. me geting pushed off by a witch-hunt he'd started], I hope we can work
together now." See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Protection_log

Then, also without discussing his intentions, he unilaterally removed the
reference to U.S. backing from the Pinochet article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Augusto_Pinochet&diff=3940359&oldid=3939010)

What would be the reaction if I unprotected the Pinochet article and changed
the content to my preferred version? My changes would be reverted and
actions would be taken against me swiftly. What Ed Poor did was no
different. He was a party in the dispute and he used admin powers to ram his
way through.

And Ed starts up a mailing list discussion saying that ''I should be
banned'', right? This was an abuse of admin powers. He drove me off this
site, and then used his admin powers to censor factual content in an
article. [[User:172|172]] 18:14, 5 Jun 2004 (UTC)