[WikiEN-l] Please ban Mr. Natural Health (was: Kill the puppy ( was: Quacks Like a Duck))

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Thu Jan 22 23:14:43 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 05:43 pm, David Gerard wrote:
> On 01/22/04 14:32, Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> > If I had bothered to keep my ssh account current when I changed
> > computers last year, I would just ban him myself, announce it to the
> > mailing list, and take my chances on being deluged with complaints for
> > being autocratic and unilateral.
> > But I'll leave that to Erik (Eloquence). He's a sufficient judge of
> > consensus, and he's got his finger on the ban button.
> > How about it, my eloquent friend? Do we have to put up with MHN, or will
> > you eliminate this nuisance for us?
>
> Speaking as one of those tangling with Mr-Natural-Health ... check
> his contributions list. He's writing articles that are good and useful,
> except for the (IMO) gross and overwhelming POV. (IMO, they're rants
> and/or advocacy, not encyclopaedia articles.) They have good material
> in them for articles, but that requires MNH not getting upset by the
> editing process.
>
> It would be a loss for him to leave if he could play nicer than others.

What you're forgetting in your "usefulness calculation" is that people who
engage in reversion wars and hopelessly POV edits waste a lot of time of
other contributers.

That having been said, I take the approach that his contributions are not of
interest in deciding whether or not he should be banned for repeatedly and
after many warnings violating the "no personal attacks" rule.

Ceterum censeo, Carthaginem esse delendum.

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc