[WikiEN-l] Please stop the harassment and censorship.

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Jan 12 03:37:09 UTC 2004

Robert wrote:
> Danny has made it clear why he left. There are over 100,000
> articles on Wikipedia, and he made sure that he had to get
> his way on every one that he edited.

No, I think the reason he threatened to leave was that I was
personally rude to him in a way that's totally out of character for
me, and not becoming my position around here.  My actions threatened a
public loss of face for him that he didn't deserve, and I deeply
regret it.

I do not agree with the deletion of the content in question, but my
treatment of Danny was unacceptable, and I'm doing what I can to take
it back and rectify the situation.

This is really a proper issue for arbitration, not for me, and I
should have stepped back and let the process work.

--Jimbo