[WikiEN-l] Re: Instructions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Feb 24 21:24:47 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

>> I'd like to see a book of Anthere's recipes...
>>
>> Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed
>

> That would be with pleasure that I offer you the recipee for the
> Pastilla I promised to Ponteauchat recently Ed.

If Ed contributed we would have a real Ant and Uncle Cookbook. :-)

> However, I will not lose my time writing a recipee that will be
> immediatly listed on votes for deletion, and that will indeed be
> deleted, unless *I* make the effort to make a stub for it to preserve
> the link. The current proposition is that unless someone make a stub
> for it, the page will be deleted and no link to recipee preserved.

Ah!!!  So they're back to their old tricks at the Vandals for Deletion
page .

> This is the current proposition
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Ratatouille&diff=2514708&oldid=2514051
>

> I am lucky, I went from "unique complainer" to "minority on the subject".
>
> So, the proposition is that unless someone make the specific effort to
> save the article, it will be deleted and links not preserved.

Maybe it's up to the person complaining to make the changes.  They
should learn to do something useful, rather than just going around
destroying other people's work.  A lot of people have said keep, but
they've moved the recipe anyway to create a fait accomplis

> I have a couple of options.
> * Either I spent several hours per week making stubs for recipees
> articles, in order to save them from deletionists. I dunno if it is
> the way I foresee my future in wikipedia;
>
> * Or I undelete all deleted articles, till a compromise is found, or I
> end up in front of arbitration for abuse; somehow, that fits my
> personality better :-)

Undeleting would be most appropriate.  There's a need to stand up to
these bullies.

Ec