[WikiEN-l] Re: HOWTOs/Recipes/Instructions and other imperative content

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 00:23:24 UTC 2004

I understand that.
Sorry if I am not relaxed, but I can't get it.
I might be more relaxed if the french cooking recipees were not moved
out of this encyclopedia, some with no links left to the recipee itself,
  not to mention cases where the article is just plain deleted.
Some of these recipees have encyclopedic value, they are typical
examples of a certain way of life, they are typical examples of cooking
techniques. Just a dozen of recipees do not impair the quality of highly
cultural articles, at least no more than the thousand of tiny american
city articles. We have room. It is not because another project is about
cooking that cooking should just disappear from Wikipedia. Plus it
breaks international links, for other wikipedias consider recipees have
value. Plus it is unnice for all the contributors (often newbies) who
wrote the recipee, and who do not find articles any more.
How do these few dozens recipees bother any one ? When they are famous
dishes, they should not be deleted. That is bad. This is destroying
information. We *have* room. And some believe this is valuable information.

And the solution is not to go claim consensus and update policies when
someone try to discuss the matter.

Thinking about it, a bit of promotion :-)

This page is directly linked from our front page. It should be enriched,
but well, you will get the idea I think

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recettes_du_mois

Isnot that neat ?

Ant