[WikiEN-l] Stop pages dedicated to personal attacks

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 20:56:17 UTC 2004

Some time ago this list decided that it was totally
inapproproate to create Wikipedia webpages criticising
Wikipedia contributors.

The purpose of Wikipedia is to create an open-course
encyclopedia. Disputes are to be brought to the attention
of this list, or to the designated mediators.

However, Martin (MyRedDice) is starting again the same
process that led to EntmootsOfTrolls being banned, namely
the setting up of webpages designed to harss a Wikipedia
user. Unless policy has been changed, this action is
forbidden.

If you allow Martin to do this, there will be no end to
number of hateful webpages that will sprout up on
Wikipedia, whenever people disagree.

We can solve things through mediation, like I have been
trying to advocate, or we can use outright censorship (by
wiping out articles like Martin keeps doing) and creating
harassment-pages (like Martin is doing and EntmootOfTrolls
kept doing). I cannot understand why the former option is
not preferable.

Robert (RK)

=====
"No one is poor except he who lacks knowledge....A person who has knowledge has everything.  A person who lacks knowledge, what has he? Once a person acquires knowledge, what does he lack?  [Babylonian Talmud, Nedarim, 41a]