[WikiEN-l] Re: Alexander Lukashenko

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 19:58:52 UTC 2004

Alex R. a écrit:
> From: "Sascha Noyes" <sascha at pantropy.net>
>
>>On Sunday 01 February 2004 01:33 pm, Anthere wrote:
>>
>>>Could someone have a look at the conflict over Alexander Lukashenko,
>>>between Adam Carr and 172. And give their opinion ?
>>>I hardly dare to say it, but I reverted to a version that is anterior to
>>>december 2003, to insure it was "somehow" stable.
>>
>>Does it matter _that much_ which version a page is protected on? I'd argue
>>that it matters less than breaking rule # 2 of the page protection policy.
>

> I tend to agree with Sascha Ant, the reality is that there is a lot of
> propaganda
> about Lukashenko floating around. He is a dictator, he did expell OSCE
> representatives but there are a lot of people in Belarus and elsewhere
> who might agree with other versions of "reality" and see him as a mostly
> benevolent force. To write a really good article about this guy requires a
> lot
> of reserach and most of the versions of the article that I have seen are
> pretty poor.
> Better to leave the old version for now and deal with the disputes as it
> will
> likely take a while to resolve the issues between these contributors and
> separate fact from fiction and propaganda which is coming from several
> different
> sources.
>
> Alex756

Alex,

I was acting as a mediator. The mediator is not supposed to judge, nor
to arbitrate. I spent 10 minutes trying to respect a rule I was
criticized for not using another time. Now, not only was I wrong not to
know that this rule was not valid any more, but on top, I should have
decided what was the proper version as a neutral mediator ?

People, if you want help, please stop complaining each time someone
makes a move, that the move is incorrect. That is the *best* way to
discourage good willingness.

Seriously