[WikiEN-l] Registration system and blocks

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Dec 31 13:36:09 UTC 2004

Abe Sokolov wrote:
> Thank you for the explanation. My field's history, definitely not
> computers. I've only been using the internet for a few years. Writing
> scripts is way above my pay grade. So I'll take your word for it; but I
> wonder if the typical trouble-maker we encounter is sophisticated enough to
> realize what you are bringing up above.

I think we are making progress here.  If we grant that a registration
system isn't the *right* measure to deal with the typical
trouble-maker, we can instead focus on what *is* the right measure?

Again, let me say that I'm fully with you on the core issue, even
though I have not been a fan of your technical proposal.

--Jimbo