[WikiEN-l] GNAA on VFD for the fifth time

Charles Fulton mackensen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 03:10:32 UTC 2004

Well, as a member of the Peerage Cabal (or "Team Peerage") I'm hardly
a deletionist, but I voted for its deletion. I do this because the
behavior of the GNAA sickens me, particularly the manner in which they
harrassed those who favored deletion the last time.

When I was a moderator at Slashdot (and I suppose I still accure mod
points now and then), the GNAA comprised the sorts who thought it was
the height of hilarity to make nonsense racist posts (e.g. YOU LOSE
FAGGORT) or showcase their latest efforts at obscense ASCII art. They
were notable only--ONLY--if you read at a 0 or -1 threshold. They are
notable on Wikipedia only because of their repeated trollings,
particularly on VfD. Is ass-hattery notable, in and of itself? If it
is, then we should set up an article about Willy on Wheels, because
he's been a far greater thorn in our side then the sainted members of
the GNAA (don't take that wrong SPUI, I admire your contributions to
railroading articles).

The GNAA is a passing, and adolescent, phenomena. They deserve mention
in the Slashdot trolling phenomena article, which I believe still
exists, but not in their own article. Don't disrupt Wikipedia to make
a point, right? Do we reward them with their own article for a
flagrant violation of policy?  The situation is similar to Sollog,
except that Sollog is the real deal.  He has money and influence.
He's been arrested by the Secret Service.  If the GNAA could actually
get themselves into real trouble, I might be impressed.

-Charles Fulton (aka Mackensen)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:26:47 +1100, csherlock at ljh.com.au