[WikiEN-l] Registration system and blocks

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 25 07:35:20 UTC 2004

Nicholas Knight wrote:

"Perhaps you didn't get the point from my previous email. I can create a
new email address in the time it takes me to type it out. I can also
easily whip up a script that would let me automatically catch
confirmation emails and respond appropriately without me ever seeing
them. The entire process of creating an account on Wikipedia can be
automated so that a new user could be created in a few seconds, email
confirmation or not."

Thank you for the explanation. My field's history, definitely not computers.
I've only been using the internet for a few years. Writing scripts is way
above my pay grade. So I'll take your word for it; but I wonder if the
typical trouble-maker we encounter is sophisticated enough to realize what
you are bringing up above.

-172