[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee term lengths

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Dec 23 15:25:15 UTC 2004

Sj wrote:
> If they are now being fought over, rather than so undesirable that
> Jimbo has to twist a few arms to fill seats, then perhaps we should
> address that issue, rather than opting to hold elections as
> infrequently as possible.

I would say that the problem wasn't with them being fought over.  I
would say that most of the candidates chose to run out of a feeling of
it being a necessity and valuable, not out of any actual desire to
have the post.

The ugliness in the election was due primarily (imho) to problem users
trolling and attacking the people who were running.

--Jimbo