[WikiEN-l] citing for wikipedia

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Fri Dec 17 14:06:55 UTC 2004

David Gerard wrote:
> Quote from it only as much as you would from any encyclopedia, and cite it
> as you would any web page. If you want to cite the particular version you
> are referring to, click on the link to "Page history" and that will give
> you a pile of links to each version by date and time.

An old version can be referenced with &oldid=...
Is there a way to find the 'oldid' for the current version, so that one
can reference the version as it is now, with the guarantee that it will
be the same in the future?

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Weather in Lulea / Kallax, Sweden 17/12 14:20:
	3.0°C Broken clouds mostly cloudy wind 6.7 m/s S (34 m above NAP)
    -Dwight David Eisenhower, January 17, 1961