[WikiEN-l] Just...wow.

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Tue Dec 14 05:22:04 UTC 2004

On Monday, December 13, 2004 5:05 PM, wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org <>
wrote:

> I recently stumbled across
> [[Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/HistoryBuffEr_and_Jayjg/E
> vidence/Full_version]], and ... wow! I've neither knowledge of this
> dispute nor any
> great ideas on how Wikipedia should do arbitration, but I
> think this 500k page is one of the most mind-boggling -- and
> disturbing -- artifacts I've yet come across on Wikipedia ;-)

Yeah. This is, I think, the largest evidence page that we on the Committee
have had to put up with, but, I'm pretty sure, not the least comprehensible.
The vastness, however made it useless, and Fred's suggestion of limiting
evidence to 500 words seems to be a very good one.

> (Sorry, I don't really have a point, I just needed to voice a "wow".)

This might give some idea of what we Arbitrators have to go through to vote
on cases, and hopefully an (or, at least, some) understanding of why cases
can take so long. Throwing more active Arbitrators at the problem (and I
look forward to serving with the others, assuming I get elected to be
re-appointed - and if you haven't voted yet, please do, because the larger
the number of votes case, the clearer the community's mandate for our work)
doesn't make such issues go away, nor speed their digestion up
significantly.

> --Matt
>
> [[User:Matt Crypto]]

[Snip]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com