[WikiEN-l] NPOV and strawman attacks on science

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 11 22:20:04 UTC 2004

Nicholas Knight wrote

> There is also no reason to get piqued over his use of the term "science
> lobby". It is a generic label for advocates of mainstream science.

Is that so?  Not familiar to me, so I took the trouble of looking through
the first 100 Google hits.  Not much except in relation to funding; which is
what I expected - the classic work of [[F. M. Cornford]], nearly a century
ago, pointed out that scientists do lobby, for money.

So, it may be 'generic', but not that common.  WP has no article about
[[science lobby]].  More to the point, Disinfopedia has none, though I found
some stuff about pro-GM lobbying.

So, seems to me this is jargon.

Charles