[WikiEN-l] New policy proposal

James Rosenzweig jwrosenzweig at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 23:19:00 UTC 2004

For everyone's information, en:User:OneGuy has posted
a proposal here --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Disabling edits
by unregistered users and stricter registration
requirement

There is already a vote of sorts taking place -- a
list of "support" and "oppose" votes is growing
slowly.  I am not clear as to why a vote is taking
place so early, or whether the vote is intended to
have any force.  I also don't know if it was
advertised anywhere (I hadn't seen it anywhere but
RC), but I thought a proposal (and apparent vote) to
disable anonymous editing and add stricter
requirements for registering as a user deserved a note
on the mailing list.  If it's already been posted
here, forgive me (but I don't think it has).  Thanks
for your attention to this issue,

James Rosenzweig (en:User:Jwrosenzweig)