[WikiEN-l] Original research

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:28:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:30:07 +0000, R E Broadley
<20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Can we add content that is unproven by the wider scientific community
> with a boilerplate, or is it barred altogether?

'Unproven by the wider scientific community' is not the same thing.
Crackpot theories can, and should, be documented on Wikipedia - as
long as you're reporting in a NPOV way about someone ELSE's crackpot
theory that's documented -- they've written a book, a paper, a
website, whatever.  And as long as they have an audience bigger than
just themselves, anyway.

Wikipedia is not the place to post your OWN crackpot theories, odd
philosophy, or whatever.

Basically, an encyclopedia is supposed to be a secondary source.

-Matt