[WikiEN-l] Following up -

Matthew J. Brown morven at byz.org
Fri Oct 31 02:27:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Dante Alighieri wrote:

> There, I mentioned Hitler and now we have to talk about something else.
>
> Unless, of course, my intent (to end this thread) is a misuse of Godwin's
> Law and therefore doesn't trigger the associated cessation of discussion...

As I recall, the original Godwin's Law was that every Internet flamewar
ended up devolving to an argument involving Hitler and Nazis.  That
mention not actually ending the flamewar; merely ending any hope of
further sane discourse.  The cessation of discussion meaning not quiet,
but rather the war becoming nothing but noise.

-Matt