[WikiEN-l] Names for positions on abortion

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 30 16:57:40 UTC 2003

There are no "neutral" names for advocates for or against various
policies on abortion. I'm fairly sure our Wikipedia articles on
[[abortion]] make this clear.

I have chosen therefore to use the terminology the two main camps have
chosen for themselves, when referring to them:

* pro-choice
* pro-life

The "pro-choice" camp generally favors loosening of restrictions on
abortion.

The "pro-life" camp generally favors tightening of restrictions on
abortion.

If the above info is not already in the Wikipedia, it should be put
there.

Ed Poor